Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Day Before


The Day Before, originally uploaded by Lukasmummy.

Credits: Layered template (Templatez: Volume 7, Template 4) by Jeanye Labaya (NeeNee's Creative Inspirations, It'z A Neet Design), Strong Words Brushes and Stamps by Katie Pertiet and Shine On (slightly recoloured), Jaime's Party and Jaime's Party Cardstock all by Jewel Goodwin (Mad Genius Designs). Fonts are GG Leslie and Georgia.
Journalling reads: When I found these photos of you, I just thought that they were cute. I couldn’t remember taking them but there are a lot like that in the older photo folders. Then I saw the date on them and I felt a bit sick. Before I tell you why I just want to point out how happy and content you look in them. You don’t look like you have a care in the world. These photos were taken the day before Leo died. None of us could have realized how much 24 hours would change our lives completely. This was the last day that we didn’t have to grieve for him, I would say the last day that we didn’t have to miss him, but we missed him every second he was in the hospital away from us. This was the last day we could truly smile and be happy without feeling like we were betraying him by doing it. This was the last day you just got to be a carefree little kid instead of a kid with a broken heart who was missing his beautiful baby brother. I’m glad we have these photos to remind us how things used to be.

No comments: