Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mixed day today

It would have been kind of nice if today could have passed without drama but as usual nothing is ever that simple around here. When I finally gave in and went to bed this morning, and had finally drifted off to sleep Mark got the bright (yep that’s sarcasm) idea that he should wake me up. I jumped up because I thought it had to be something really important for him to wake me when he knew I had been up all night. But apparently I underestimate my husbands intelligence and his desire to live because he woke me up to tell me he was going to mow the grass in the back garden. It’s not as if I need to know that or I could care less. While when I got up I managed to pull a muscle in my back and hurt my stomach so I wasn’t best impressed. I slept really badly because of the pain and things didn’t improve when I did wake up and I have the really bad pain in my ear again. So now I was tired, grumpy, hot and in a lot of pain. That was when Mark decided that it was a good time to tell me that the builders hadn’t turned up today. Apparently they had phoned and said they wouldn’t be back until Tuesday to grout the tiles and remove the rubbish, that was what they were supposed to be doing today. So obviously I had to listen to Nan moaning about that and various other things. Mark hasn’t done a damn thing he was asked to do again all day even though he promised he was going to get the mess sorted out today. Lukas’s room hasn’t been touched at all, but I am supposed to be pleased because he’s done stuff for Nan like mow the grass in the back garden. He doesn’t seem to grasp that I am not impressed because he’s only done half the job. I am just waiting for Nan to notice that he hasn’t used the strimmer on the edges and then having to listen to her complaining and saying how Gary does it like this and blah, blah, blah. I couldn’t tell you what comes next in that moaning because I have always stopped listening long before then. Mark is in a whiny annoying mood and keeps biting mine and Lukas’s head off every time we say anything at all to him. It’s getting old fast. The one thing I have to be happy about today is that Mark gets paid tomorrow, and I have managed to talk him into another Chessington trip. We will leave here Saturday night after he gets home from work and take the train and stay in the onsite hotel at Chessington overnight. Then get up Sunday morning probably have breakfast and go for a swim in the hotel pool and then spend the day in the theme park before catching the train home. I am so excited about getting away from this house and Nan even if it is only for one night. I am intending on taking the laptop with me so that if I want to I can go and sit somewhere while Lukas and Mark go off on the rides they want to go on. Sometimes I end up sitting around waiting ages for them and usually I don’t mind because I am taking photos but since I am just too tired to do that I thought I may as well organise some of my files while I am waiting, so at least I am doing something useful. I’m not entirely sure what is going to happen about my hospital appointment on Monday because Mark hasn’t bothered to resolve that he is now working, he promised he would do that today but didn’t. He also said he would ask if he could leave early or have Saturday off because they only have a few patients and he says he doesn’t really need to be there. Anyway I suppose I better go Mark and Lukas are bickering with each other and I really should go and see what it’s over this time.

No comments: