Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bloody builders

As you can probably guess things aren’t exactly going so great here at the moment. After being unable to sleep last night for various reasons, I finally managed to find a fairly comfortable position about 5 or 6am this morning. Lukas gets up at 8am for school and he was still asleep so I know it was before then when we had banging at the door. Me and Lukas flew out of bed to go and use the toilet before they started, only for Mark to come back up and inform us that the guy knocking on the door wasn’t actually here to start working because he was still waiting on the other builder. It wasn’t until Lukas was ready to leave for school (so you are looking at about 8:45am ish) that the other guy finally arrived. They are very noisy, drilling, banging etc and I have a rotten headache and for added fun feel really sick today. When Nan got home she instantly started complaining because they had only put dust sheets on the upstairs landing, she seemed to be off the opinion they should have put dust sheets down all of the stairs as well. I’m not getting into an argument with her over it, I just can’t be bothered. Then they announced they were leaving and someone else would be here in about an hour. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how that went down with Nan do I? So currently there is a bath, a toilet, a sink and about half a floor dumped on our front garden, there is a huge gaping hole in the bathroom floor, there is no upstairs toilet or bath and according to Nan no running water in the house at all. I’m not entirely sure if that’s right since I haven’t tried the downstairs taps and well there aren’t any up here anymore lol. Mark is driving me insane and the baby is driving me insane (he objects to being woken up at all regardless of the time, so you know he’s more than thrilled to be woken up with that racket). I am feeling really ill today mostly my back and bad pains across my stomach, but the headache and migraine are kind of annoying to. The only bright spot is that for now it’s quiet because not only are the builders not currently here but neither is Nan because she’s gone to an appointment lol, Mark’s out as well he’s gone to get lunch (well and it will end up being my dinner since he’s at work lol) from KFC to try and cheer the baby up a little bit. I can only hope that the builders are back before Nan is because I would much rather listen to their noise than hers and it really is too hot today to stay in my room all day. I think the weirdest thing is while they are gone I have the perfect opportunity to go and take pictures of the mess so I can scrap them, but I just can’t drag up enough energy to make the effort. But then I mean what do you expect I never even bothered to take photos of our trip to Chessington or Lukas’s chicken pox to scrap either, maybe that says how miserable and depressed I have been  feeling lately, I can’t even be bothered to take photographs. Sounds like Mark is back so I suppose I better run, I will probably be back later.

No comments: