Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Me and Nan


Me and Nan, originally uploaded by Lukasmummy.

Credits: Layered template (Journal Me Template Bundle, Template 2) by Scrappin Addict/Scrap-a-holic Designs and Morning Bloom Collab by Jewel Goodwin (Mad Genius Designs) and Vicki Eggins (Dana's Footprint Designs). Font is Pea Chris In A Hurry by Amanda Bottoms (Fonts For Peas).
Journalling reads: Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words, but you don’t always need that many to tell the story behind the photograph. I know absolutely nothing about this photograph of me and Nan. I can guess at a few of the details though. I can guess that I was about 2/3 years old when it was taken. There are a lot of photos of me in similar style dresses. Nan looks so young in this picture, it’s difficult to remembr her ever not looking more like the Nan we are used to. From the fact that it’s on a balcony and I know we spent a lot of time living in Gibraltar when I was little, I can assume it was taken there. But one thing I don’t have to assume is the love there was between me and Nan. It’s obvious from the tender way she is holding me and the fact that I look content. I remember spending so much time in that same position even once I really got too big for her lap. I remember that when we finally outgrew cuddles like that I used to be allowed to sit on the arm of her chair next to her instead. We both got older, lots of things changed but we still love each other just as much, are still willing to do anything for each other. So maybe when it comes to some pictures they don’t need a thousand words, just three really simple and straight to the point ones like, I Love You.

No comments: