Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cooking Cakes The Easy Way

Cooking Cakes The Easy Way by Lukasmummy
Cooking Cakes The Easy Way, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Remake of an old layout
Credits: Layered template (Flight Plan 4) slightly altered by Peppermint Granberg (One Little Bird) and In The Kitchen by Jewel Goodwin (Mad Genius Designs). Fonts are Century Gothic and Stripes and Stars.
Journalling reads: When you were little food was a constant battle with you. It started because you refused to even try new things. At one point you were only eating bread and butter, yoghurt, cheerios, toast, cucumber, bananas, sweetcorn and pizza. Even the things you did like you only ate tiny little portions. So I had to get a little bit creative. I bought a set of cheap pastry cutters and I would cut your sandwiches into shapes. I would arrange your food into pictures and I tried really hard to make food fun for you. Your favourite cutter was the little person, you used to always ask for people sandwiches. One day I got the bright idea to make homemade pizza for you, I bought pizza dough, and pizza sauce, I let you roll it all out and cut out the shapes all by yourself. I let you spread on the sauce, grate the cheese and sprinkle it on and even pick and chop your own toppings. Then we put them in to cook. I was excited and thought this was such a good idea, you had prepared the food yourself, we had fun doing it together, we had even done lots of tasting. So much for that idea! It never even entered my brain that you would refuse to eat the food we had cooked. Or that you would be outraged at the thought of eating your pizza people. We had made all of this mess for nothing!

No comments: