Sunday, February 07, 2010

Project 365

I know I haven't been blogging very much lately, between everyone being sick and some other stuff going on I just haven't felt like it. As I mentioned in the last post I decided to attempt Project 365 this year. Well I found this great challenge to help me stay motivated to get it all scrapped. It's so simple every week you take your photos, scrap a layout and upload to the digi scraps drive in gallery. Then you post a link in the thread and the host JewelTheQueen sends you a prize for participating. Nice and simple. But the best part is that the members over there are really friendly and encouraging. I have had some really nice comments on my layouts and that makes me happy. A lot of the other P365 challenges have been more prompt based, take a photo of this etc or required that you use certain products and that just didn't appeal to me. I don't have any desire to go outside and snap a photo of a tree, or the weather. I want to just take a photo of what appeals to me and right now that is mostly Lukas and Logan with a few of Mark thrown in for good measure. Something about it must be working because so far I am all caught up, the posting at Facebook are slightly messed up but I know I have taken a photo every day and I have scrapped all of January's pages. I feel quite proud of myself that for a change I have decided to do something and stuck with it even while I have been sick. I haven't done this weeks layouts yet but I am hoping that will get done today. So do you want to see January's layouts I decided to go with a two page spread each week so I had plenty of room to add journalling. You can click on them for the credits and the journalling, Logan has just woken up so I don't have time to copy and paste them here. If I get chance later I will come back and add that and the enabling links. I also still have one more page to do with the other photos I liked from January.

1 comment:

Jewel said...

I'm do glad you like how we run the challenges at DSDI. Like you I don't follow the prompts ot specific themes or themes to photograph - I just want to do whatever strikes me that day :) You layouts are fantastic, and your boys are adorable - I'd be photographing them primarily if they were mine, too!