Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So last night I decided that the blog needed a new look

I was getting bored of the old one and fed up with my search bar not working. At first I tried starting with a reinstall of the template to see if that would fix the problem but it didn’t, then I tried a different template that fixed it but I couldn’t concentrate enough to work out how to modify that so it wasn’t so blank and white. Then I decided that I would just change the colours for now and then work on the search function another time, only while I was doing that I came across a little gadget you can add to the sidebar that allows you to search the blog. For the first time ever I used the blog in a box exactly as it came with no additions (except for the text on the sidebar labels) or recolouring and it took a few minutes to have it all installed. I did something that I think was quite smart for me last time lol I copied all of the html for the stuff in the sidebar and saved them as individual word documents. After a bit of copying and pasting and some tiny changes to the credits because I used different stuff it was all finished. I spent some time fiddling around with the colours and things and I have to admit this is the most impressed I have been with my blog. That could be down to the fact that it took me about 30 minutes from start to finish rather than the usual few hours I spend fiddling with all the little bits lol. You may have also noticed that I have used the same font for the labels in the sidebar and for this post. I write my blog using Live Writer so I am playing with it, I haven’t decided if I will carry on doing this since I can’t really be bothered to go and change the old posts and I am a little bit odd about things not matching. Today hasn’t been a great day, we had to order a new fridge freezer because ours has sort of been on it’s last legs for a while, a part broke in the freezer and I never got around to fixing it. Ice formed on the broken part and the longer it was left the worse the problem got, if I had fixed it when it first happened it probably would have taken 30 minutes at the most but because it was left it sort of became more and more unfixable. We have managed with it the way it was for a while but Nan was getting worried that one day it would just give up and we would be left with no fridge so we ordered a new one. Originally she wanted a different one, when I placed the order I was tired and feeling really ill. While trying to order that, answer the phone and answer Lukas talking to me I accidently ordered the wrong one, and I will admit I told her a little fib and said they had to substitute it because the other one was unavailable. I didn’t want to have to listen to the lecture about it even though it was an accident. Long story short this one is bigger than the one she wanted and it doesn’t exactly fit in the space where the other one was. We do have the space available but the kitchen cupboard she had fitted when the kitchen was redone won’t move for some reason. Gary came last night and tried and then I had to listen to her having a meltdown over that. At first we thought it might be because it was too heavy full of stuff, so we tried to empty it out and move it and we are still not exactly having much luck moving it. He’s supposed to be coming back later to try and do it now that there is nothing in it. She has been in a foul mood for the last few days and that wasn’t exactly helped by them bringing the new fridge freezer at 7:10am this morning. The kitchen is a bit of a disaster area and she is driving me insane with her whinging and complaining about every little thing. I have just come back upstairs after listening to her ranting because Gary tried to be helpful by hoovering where the old fridge freezer was last night and he’s blocked up the hoover. I unblocked it all for her and she’s still ranting, so I just walked away I really don’t feel well enough to deal with her at the moment. I was supposed to have a midwife appointment today but had to cancel it because I just felt too ill to make the effort to get dressed and drag on the bus. Sounds like Lukas is getting nagged at so I better go and see what he’s done wrong this time, with the mood that she’s in he has probably breathed too loud or something lol.

No comments: