Saturday, November 08, 2008

It's been a long week

and to be honest I am not really sure where to start. Since we got back I have been struggling with a lot of things, so much piled up while we were away and I am finding it difficult to get back on track. It doesn't help that I am still really sick and things here are to be blunt not that great. There is a lot of stuff going on here that I have no control over and are making me really depressed. Things like the broken washing machine or the bags that are still waiting to be unpacked bother me but I just can't be bothered to sort them. Things like the mountains of washing that are piling up everywhere, Mark is taking them to his dad's to wash but he can only take so much at a time which I can do absolutely nothing about but are driving me insane. The problem is we are not short of clothes, I have way too many but some of the stuff Mark has chosen to wash is insane. One example is Lukas's pyjamas. He currently has 6 pairs that fit properly, 2 pairs that are starting to be outgrown and 2 pairs that are summer ones (shorts and t-shirts) yet he doesn't have a single pair clean! Tonight he has gone to bed in a pair of bottoms that don't seem to have a top (not uncommon around here since he usually needs tops in a bigger size and the trousers are then too long. When he's outgrown the top the trousers are just starting to fit) and a long sleeved t-shirt. But he's washed about 6 of my tops (did I mention I currently have about 3 drawers full of clean tops?). We are all tired and fed up, everyone is bickering and grumpy and honestly the holiday was really not the break we had hoped it would be. We tried to have a good time but our hearts just weren't in it. I will have to save the holiday details for another post because I want to give you an account that includes some good part and not just torrential rain and a crappy hotel. What I really need is to feel better for one day so I can get everything sorted out. I just can't face the effort of dragging to the doctors yet again though. So I am trying to just get on with things when all I really want to do is climb into bed and sleep. This is a really whiny post isn't it, sorry. I am just very frustrated with everything at the moment, hopefully things will be better tomorrow. Now that I have finally cleared the backlog of emails, blogs and other stuff that built up I am hoping I will feel a little less overwhelmed and not want to cry all the time. I am even keeping my fingers crossed for little bit of peace and quiet today, maybe the chance to have 5 minutes to myself or *wishful thinking* some scrapping time. Actually I feel a bit better now that I have typed that out, so thanks for listening. Back later.

No comments: