Sunday, September 16, 2012

Friends Association

Friends Association by Lukasmummy
Friends Association, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Credits: Layered template (Photoless Volume 1, Template 1) by Memory Clips By Ramona and Hints Of Fall by Jen C Designs and Trixie Scraps. Fonts are DJB Jacked Up Kinda Luv and DJB I Love DJB Fonts both by Darcy Baldwin.
Journalling reads: When Lukas was born I never thought that I would be the kind of Mummy who got involved in things. I was sick all the time and even though I did try and take him to baby groups a few times I hated every second of them. I was always so terrified that other people would look at me and judge me as inadequate as a parent as I judged myself. I have never really been a confident person. I tried to take part in any school events, turning up and cheering on Sports Day and for maypole dancing, attending school fetes and buying cakes from bake sales, but I never really got involved more than that. Yet for some reason I felt compelled to attend the meeting when his school decided to form a parent and teacher association called the Friends of Church Cowley St James. I wanted to help out with activities that the kids would enjoy and remember after they had left the school. I remember coming home filled with an enthusiasm I haven’t felt in a really long time. It’s been almost a year now since the PFA was formed and while it’s been hard work I have never regretted making the effort. We have held a few fund raising events, Bag To School, Refreshments at Christmas events, The Secret Room, Daffodil Sale for Mothers Day, an Easter Disco and produced Tea Towels that featured images drawn by the children. We organised two fairly large events in the Summer Festival and an Eid Party and we have used some of the money raised to purchase some wooden play benches for the playground. It’s amazing what a very small group of dedicated people have managed to achieve after a lot of hard work and I am proud to be a small part of it.

No comments: