Thursday, August 21, 2008

The pretty things to share lol

Sorry for the rant, guess I had a lot more to get off my chest than I had originally thought lol. Anyway here are the layouts and hybrid projects (bookmarks) I had promised to show you.

First up is a layout using Chrissy's new Gotcha Cornered set, no challenge I just saw the template and knew this photo would work perfectly and then went from there unusual for me lol.

Credits: Layered template (Gotcha Cornered, Template 2) by Chrissy W, Eco Friendly by Kristin Cronin Barrow and Meghan Mullens and Scenery Trees by Christina Renee. Font is Giddyup Std.

Journalling reads: Whenever you play outside, I can’t help myself from watching you, I feel like It is impossible to stop watching you. It’s always an almost magical thing to see as you stand beneath the trees and gaze up. You look at every tree like you have never seen one before enchanted by every single leaf on every single branch. You gaze at the colours taking in every tiny little individual detail You run your hands over the trunk, enjoying the sensations of the rough texture on your fingers and all the knots that make every tree unique. They fill you with questions, mummy why do the leaves fall?, mummy why are the trees so tall?, mummy are the trees trying to reach up to the sky? mummy how do the trees stay stood up? mummy do the trees get cold outside? I hope you never lose your curiosity or appreciation for the beauty that is everywhere if you take the time to look for it.

Enabling:

The second one was for a Spin-A-Lift Challenge, we were spinning layouts by Lena Brandenburg, I chose to horizontally flip her Twinkle Twinkle layout found here.

Credits: Layered template (Twinkle Twinkle) by Lena Brandenburg and Mark It Up by Lauren Grier. Font is DJB Miss Liz by Darcy Baldwin.

Enabling:

The third one was created for a sketch challenge at A Cherry On Top, I know it's strange for me to use a sketch not a template but it was a great way to use a CT Assignment from Amy.

Credits: Sketch by milmomma, It's In The Bag - Paper Bag Hearts, Grammie's Apron and Grammie's Apron Addon by Amy Bleser, 4x12 Paper Cutters by Chrissy W and Japanese Foliage Brushes by Design Fruit. Font is Pea Leigh Leigh.

Enabling:

I actually made the bookmarks next but I want to share this layout first. Created for a Sugar Free Challenge at Sweet Shoppe Designs about leaving home.

Credits: Layered template (Template Challenge 3) by Chrissy W, Cutie Patootie by Kay Miller and New House Doodles by Kate Hadfield. Font is DJB Miss Liz by Darcy Baldwin.

Journalling reads: For as long as I can remember there has been conflict between me and my mum. Nothing I said or did was ever good enough for her. We used to argue about everything. She would say I was lazy, I had an attitude problem, and throw insults about left right and centre. I would stand there and take it, deciding that it wasn’t worth the effort of arguing with her. With kids everywhere and nothing ever being completely safe from being damaged, or destroyed, I was fed up of sharing my bedroom with my two younger sisters, who climbed into bed with me every night and expected me to be a mum to them. I used to escape to Nan’s house whenever I was able. I would happily sleep on Nan’s floor and get up to go to work with her at 7am rather than go home. The older I got the worse things got, my mum hated me more and more, made my life more of a misery. I got a job and worked from 7am until 9pm at the weekends just to avoid being at home. I worked every day after school and was literally at home only for the hours I was asleep. I would hand over my entire wage packet each week to my mum, just to try and make life bareable. I used to dream about the day when I would finally be legally old enough to move out. Only I never expected things to turn out the way they did. I met someone, and I fell hopelessly in love. The first time him and my mum met each other they despised each other. I didn’t help things when I started keeping some of my wages each week so I could do things with him. She was furious, and took the stand that it was her money, she was entitled to it and he was taking it from her. Things got worse and worse everytime he came around. I was desperate to spend more time with him, so I did something stupid, I booked the day off work and I didn’t tell her. I got up in the morning and I put my uniform on and walked out of the house, and then I walked around to his house. I spent the whole day with him, my mobile phone turned off. Lies always have a way of coming back to bite you. When she saw my wage packet she knew it was short, so she rung my boss to ask why. To say she hit the roof would be an understatement. I have never seen her so mad in my whole life. She screamed, she shouted, she threw things, and then eventually she turned to hitting me. After giving me two black eyes, a split lip and taking a large chunk out of my throat and another out of my chest. She told me to get out of her house. I grabbed everything I could carry and ran to Nan’s house. I knew that she would never turn me away and I was right. She took me in, my stepdad was nice enough to pack up my clothes and bring them to Nan’s house for me, even though he earned my mother’s wrath for doing it. She made his life a misery for weeks afterwards saying he had no right to go behind her back. All of my electrical equipment, a combination of gifts and purchases made with money I had been given by realatives, she considered her property. Same with furniture, cd’s, dvd’s and anything else of value. Nan helped me to buy everything I needed. The worst part was having to go to school and having people asking me what had happened to my face. Dealing with the questions from friends and teachers alike. They wanted to lodge a formal complaint against my mum on my behalf, but I refused to allow them. I didn’t want my brothers and sisters to be split up, I was still desperate for my mum to love me didn’t want her to get in trouble and part of me wanted . I suppose I still believed that I must have deserved it at that point. The hardest part about it all for me though was being at the same school as two of my brothers, seeing them every single day and watching them walk past and avoid looking at me. They were forbidden by her to speak or even look at me, later they told me that they didn’t really want to anyway they were disgusted that I had let people in on what really happened in our house. The relationship didn’t last long I caught him with another woman, and for a while I wondered if it was all worth it. But it all worked out in the end. I will always be greatful to Nan for everything she did and continues to do. I have been here ever since, apart from the short while I stayed at Mark’s. Nan’s house will always be my home.

Enabling:

Now onto the bookmarks. The first one was because I have a super cute CT Assignment from Amy but no suitable photos to use with it. I was originally going to make a card but then I remembered I had bookmark templates, and once I saw how quick and simple they were to make I kind of didn't want to stop lol. They are a lot of fun to make and so quick and easy. I will get around to priting them and assembling them eventually but for now they are purely digital.



1st Bookmark
Credits: Layered template (Bookmarked!, Template 1) by Aisyah Roslan (Sya's Blueprints) and Catch A Wave Elements and Catch A Wave Papers by Amy Bleser.

Enabling:

2nd Bookmark
Credits: Layered template (Bookmarked!, Template 2) by Aisyah Roslan (Sya's Blueprints) and Zoey's Wardrobe Mini Kit by Amy Bleser.

3rd Bookmark
Credits: Layered template (Bookmarked!, Template 3) by Aisyah Roslan (Sya's Blueprints) and Summer Spunk and Summer Serenade by Amy Bleser. Font is DJB Miss Liz by Darcy Baldwin.

Enabling:

Now I have definately spent far too long doing this, so I will be back tomorrow to do the enabling and linking. I have to get Lukas undressed and I have other stuff to get done before I have to help Nan to bed. Ok so I just noticed these pictures aren't quite right I was trying to save a little time by directly adding the HTML code for them but they are too big, I will fix them tomorrow by redoing the links how I usually do them.Never mind I can fix them by just altering the code slightly so I will do it now, or it will drive me insane knowing that it is wrong lol, the bookmarks I decided to use the smaller code for because they look huge. Editing to add, yep I came back again and changed the way the bookmarks were displaying, they were really annoying me, I guess I just don't know when to leave things alone lol.

No comments: