Friday, May 04, 2012

Giant Rainbow Slide

Giant Rainbow Slide by Lukasmummy
Giant Rainbow Slide, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Credits: Layered template (March Template Thursday Freebie) by Elizabeth Albers (Scrapping With Liz) and Rainbow Daydream by Jen C Designs. Font is The Great Escape by Heather Hess.
Journalling reads: We always try to do something special for your birthday, we usually let you decide what we do within reason. You decided this year you wanted to go to a local indoor play area, which at the time was called Jamboray. Somehow you managed to convince me to climb up through the obstacle course and then slide down the giant plastic rainbow slide, with you on my lap. To this day I am still not entirely sure how you convinced me to do it. I am scared of heights for a start, add in the fear of being too fat to fit through the obstacles or getting stuck on the slide, I can only assume it was a moment of madness on my part, or maybe just wanting to make you happy on your birthday. We slightly underestimated just how fast my trousers would skid on the surface of the slide, so we ended up flying off the end and landing in a heap of giggles at the bottom. We didn’t manage to catch any of it on camera because we were going far too fast. But Daddy did manage to get this one fairly decent one, of us sat at the bottom. Seeing the look of pure happiness and joy on your face made me forget any discomfort or embarassment I had felt. I guess that is why at the end of the day I ended up completely exhausted and had lost count of how many more times you made me do this. Happy 5th Birthday.

No comments: