Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Try

Try by Lukasmummy
Try, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Credits: Layered template (Tell The Story, Template 1) and Forever Mine both by Jen C Designs. Fonts are Nillie's Love Letters and The Wolff by Heather Hess.
Journalling reads: For the last few years I have been reading about a very interesting concept, but one I have never really felt brave enough to attempt. One Little Word originated from celebrity scrapbooker Ali Edwards, the idea is simply to choose one word to sum up what you want from the year, there are a lot of different ways of approaching this project. Some people choose to focus on the word and what it means to them, using it as inspiration in various ways throughout the year. Some use it as the basis for their scrapbooking and memory keeping. I’m sure there are as many different approaches to this project as there are words to choose from. I started out this year in the strange position of knowing exactly what I wanted from 2012 but not really knowing how to go about getting it. I struggled to narrow it down to just one word change seemed too vague, happiness and health just seemed far to unobtainable and the few other suggestions like organize, tidy, clean and cook just seemed very much unlike me and much harder than I felt able to attempt at the moment. Eventually I decided that I could cover all of my bases by simply choosing the word TRY. I want to try new recipes. I want to try and lose weight. I want to try and be more active. I want to try and be more organized. I want to try hard to make lasting memories. I want to try to scrap more. I want to try and be more patient with the kids and Mark. I want to try new experiences like taking Logan and Leia to play groups. I want to try and keep the house tidy. I want to try and stay on top of the washing. I want to try and spend more time with the ones I love. I want to try and enjoy all of the firsts and lasts of my final baby. I want to try and be less sad and miserable. I want to try and complete projects when I start them. I want to try and read more books. I want to try and listen to more music. I want to eat healthier. I want to try and take more photographs. I want to try a lot of things, but I also know that there will be times when I will inevitably fail. If I achieve nothing else I simply want to try and accept that. Failure is always going to be an option, but you never really fail at all as long as you keep on trying again.

No comments: