Sunday, January 22, 2012

All Wet

All Wet by Lukasmummy
All Wet, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Credits: Layered template (January Double Dutch Template) by Amber Shaw, Me Me Me by Jen C Designs and Shiny Silver Alpha by Jewel Goodwin (Mad Genius Designs). Fonts are The Sketchy Serif and The Serifs Sister both by Heather Hess.
Journalling reads: I wish I could remember exactly how we came to be visiting the park. I know we weren’t intending on it when we left the house. But somehow the plans got changed and we ended up stopping for snacks, drinks, bread for the ducks and mcdonalds picnic to eat there. I know the weather was warmer than we thought it was going to be, because I remember being hot and taking my shoes off on the grass, while we sat on the park bench eating our food. I remember us laughing as we were throwing the frisbee and fetching it and pretending to be a dog. But I have no idea whose bright idea it was to let you both run around in the sprinklers and wet play area, but it sounds like my kind of crazy. Although I have to admit, it sounds very much like something crazy enough for me to suggest. We didn’t have any swimwear or towels with us, so I stripped you both down to underwear and t-shirts. Lukas was straight off into the water jets shrieking with delight. But you were a bit cautious and it took a little while for you to get close and start enjoying it. You loved racing through the watersprays and jets after Lukas, especially after you armed yourself with a plastic cup to tip water on him and make him squeal. I was eventually able to convince you both that it was time to go. Even though it was warm out, you were shivering with the cold. Luckily I had spare clothes but I had to use a little improvisation in getting you dry - by using a clean nappy to mop up the water.

No comments: