Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Mummy Moment


New Mummy Moment, originally uploaded by Lukasmummy.

Credits: Layered template (Copycat Challenge 0110) by Wendy W and 52 Inspirations 2011 Week Sixteen Mini by Vicki Stegall and 52 Inspirations 2011 The Basics by Sue Cummings and Vicki Stegall. Font is Century Gothic.
Journalling reads: From the very first time that I saw those 2 lines on a pregnancy test, I was waiting for this moment. Holding my newborn baby in my arms basking in the glow of being a new mother. Only it never happened, Lukas was whisked away from us because he was not breathing, I didn’t even get to look at him until he was a few hours old, was a full week before I could touch him. I got to hold Leo very briefly when he was born but the air of total panic surrounding his birth made any special moment between us impossible. Then there was you, placed straight on to my chest in the ambulance, cuddled the entire way to the hospital and then handed to me for photographs and more snuggles in the hospital. Thank you for finally giving me the new mummy moment I had so desperately craved during all 4 of my other pregnancies.

No comments: