Saturday, April 23, 2011

2 Tiny 4 A Bath


2 Tiny 4 A Bath, originally uploaded by Lukasmummy.

Credits: Layered template (Tub Time Templates, Template 2) and Tub Time Collection by Jen C Designs. Font is sf No Frills by Sugar Frog Fonts.
Journalling reads: When Leo finally came home from hospital, one of the first things I was looking forward to doing was finally being able to give him a bath. While in the hospital all that he had been allowed was a daily top and tail with cotton wool and water, I wasn’t even allowed to use baby bath (but I can’t really say that I let their rules stop me). I was excited to see if he was going to be a water baby like Lukas had been. Only we ran into a slight problem, he was so tiny I was scared of trying to bath him in the big bath. He was too tiny for any kind of seat or harness so I decided that the best thing to do would be to use a round washing up bowl. We all underestimated how much he would hate it. I don’t think I have ever heard such a bloodcurdling scream in my life, he flung his tiny arms and legs about and it was a battle to keep him in contained in the bowl. It was kind of amazing to see that the flannel covered his whole body like a towel. We tried to take some photos but only managed a few blurry and out of focus ones. There was a video but it got lost in a computer crash. Amazingly his tears stopped the second that we removed him from the washing up bowl and wrapped him up in his big fluffy white bath towel for a cuddle with mummy 26th September 2004.

No comments: