Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Taking a few minutes to catch up

Even though no-one reads this I feel like I should be making more of an effort to take a few minutes each day to catch up. I feel like lately my whole life has slid into decline. I don't talk to my friends anymore, I don't scrap very much, I don't get any work done for dedicated2digital. In fact all I have done lately is gone to Nans, been bombarded from all sides with wedding suggestions come home and gone to sleep.
So lets talk about the wedding (get ready to be bored)
First point of argument we can talk about is wedding colours. The original colours were white,lilac and silver. My mum has argued about this non-stop she wants red because I quote (in a whiny irritating voice lol) "Its a winter wedding". I managed to convice her that blue was a fair compromise. So colours are now white, silver, lilac and blue. Even though if you ask my mum she will insist that the colours are blue,cream,and gold. lol she's such a stubborn old bat.
Second point is to do with food. When we first told everyone we were getting married Lisa said she would do the food - on the condition that my mum had nothing to do with it.Now the thing I should mention is that for everything my mum insists on Nan is just as insistant not to have it,you have to remember that for the next bit to make sense. My mum has decided that we "have to have gateaux" for the reception and despite the numerous times of us telling her it gets walked into the carpet, no-one eats it and we aren't having it still she insists. I suggested alternatives which she started shouting objections about *sigh*. The next point of argument is balloons my mum wants them, Nan doesn't because of my latex allergy. Have to admit I hate the thought of having them. Eventually it will just come down to whose the most stubborn or who shouts the loudest. We have also had rows about favours the ones I made (silver organze bags with silver heart dragees) are "too small" apparently I have to have them made by my stepdad like mum had at her wedding. I conceeded on that one at a cost of £50ish, I was just too tired to argue anymore.
There are rows about the bouquet, the decorations of the hall you name it they are fighting over it.
The worst part is everything I argue against my mum asks Mark what he thinks and he agrees with her - because he hasn't been listening as per usual. Its infuriating and theres another 3 months of this to go. My head might well explode.
Moving progress, the rooms are getting to almost liveable but theres still a lot of work to do before we can start moving furniture etc and actually start living at home again.
In other news my computer has finally been repaired today but all the data is gone. Even the file recovery program didn't work. Thats all my poetry and lots of text documents, recent pictures, scanned photos etc. I may have some on backup disks but not sure. I could always rescan the pictures I got from Nan. But what I can't replace is stuff like Lukas's first day at nursery pictures and they were so cute. I know I could always dress him the same and retake them but its not the same. The part that makes me most sad is I asked him to back up everything before he touched it and as usual he didn't. He makes me so mad when he doesn't listen. Im too tired to write anything else today but tomorrow I have an appointment to go to at 11am, and then I intend to spend the day doing whatever I want. Im thinking sleeping, scrapping, digi freebie hunting, catching up with my friends and maybe a quick trip to the park to just play. Bliss lol

1 comment:

munchkin mama said...

hey hon we've not heard from you in ages (or perhaps i'm looking in thw rong place to find you lol)
hope everything is good!
xx