Monday, April 09, 2012

Sitting Pretty

Sitting Pretty by Lukasmummy
Sitting Pretty, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Credits: Layered template (Big Picture 2, Template 4), Celebrate Collection and Date Its Volume 1 all by Jen C Designs and Happy To My Toes Border Clusters Templates (Template 4) by Connie Prince. Font is DJB CT Laura by Darcy Baldwin.
Journalling reads: We always knew that having a little girl would be different to having boys. But honestly I can say we never really had any idea, in what sort of ways it would be different. We kind of figured on the house slowly filling up with pink and sparkly stuff, but didn’t think much more about it. So we were surprised when the first change was a developmental one. Both Lukas and Logan were sitting up unsupported by 4 months, but you are nearly 6 months and have no desire to sit up at all. If I try to sit you up, the result is always the same, you promptly look cross, dig your heels in and throw yourself backwards. I have tried quite a few different pillows and cushions to prop you up but none of them make a bit of difference, you still end up on your back grinning at me and looking pleased with yourself. But I think i have finally found a way to get you to sit up. I put your playmat into one of my washing backets and then sat you in it. There isn’t quite enough width for you to throw yourself backward, but once you stopped trying to do that, you did seem to enjoy sitting in there.

No comments: