Saturday, November 05, 2011

First Christmas

First Christmas by Lukasmummy
First Christmas, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Credits: Layered template (Creative Juice No 10) by Molly Weight (Biograffiti) and 52 Inspirations 2011 Week Thirty Eight Mini by Vicki Stegall and Sue Cummings and 52 Inspirations 2011 The Basics (slightly recoloured) by Sue Cummings and Vicki Stegall. Font is DJB Hazelnut by Darcy Baldwin.
Journalling reads: You will never know just how hard your first Christmas was for me. On one hand, I was sad that Leo wasn’t here but on the other I was so glad that you were here with me and nothing had gone wrong this time. I can’t begin to describe just how grateful I was for the fact that I actually got to celebrate a first Christmas with you. After buying presents for Leo and then not having him to give them to. Part of me was terrified of buying you any gifts in case the same thing happened again. But the desire to buy stuff for you and make your first Christmas special was just impossible to resist. Seeing the look on your face and how excited you were by it all made me vaguely remember what it felt like to feel happy. I had been dreading Christmas Day so much but you almost made it bearable. I love you Logan.

No comments: