Saturday, November 03, 2012

Me & My Dolly

Me & My Dolly by Lukasmummy
Me & My Dolly, a photo by Lukasmummy on Flickr.

Credits: Layered template (Trio Trio, Template 2) by Little Bit Shoppe Designs, CU Stitching Action by Leah Riordan (Mommyish Designs) and Memories Of Fall by Jen C Designs. Font is DJB Malea by Darcy Baldwin.
Journalling reads:I have always been a firm believer that it’s important for you to have a variety of toys. While I love buying you little cars and trucks and all sorts of other vehicles and boy toys, but. I also decided that it was important for you to have some less traditional toys too including a dolly and a little folding pushchair. Lukas always loved to carry the doll around and push the pushchair and I always thought it was a nice touch to dress the doll in some of my favourite cute outfits that you had outgrown. This was the first time that you saw the baby dolly. At first you really seemed to like playing with it, you were chatting to it and stroking it’s little plastic face. You seemed intrigued by the blinking eyes and kept staring around curiously to see where the clicking noise was coming from. You chattered away to it and kept holding it out at arms length to stare at it with a little smile on your face. It was so adorable to watch you playing with it. Then all of a sudden it was like someone had just flipped a little switch inside you from love to hate. You had decided that you wanted that doll as far away from you as humanly possible, you shoved the doll off your lap on on to the floor and then started to scream. Poor dolly. I’m not sure what it was that changed your mind but there was just simply no denying that playtime with the dolly was definitely over for the day. Photos taken on the 1st February 2010.

No comments: